Back to Projects List
Slicer + IMSTK for low cost training setups
- Sam Horvath (Kitware)
- Kevin Cleay (CNMC)
- Karun Sharma (CNMC)
This is an on-going project to develop a kidney biopsy trainer based on 3D Slicer. The trainer uses the iMSTK library to simulate force interactions between the 3D models in Slicer and the physical trainer hardware.
- Upgrade the existing demo to newest 3D Slicer
- Upgrade the existing demo to newest iMSTK (simulation library)
Approach and Plan
- Rewrite the main UI using the new ParameterNode infrastructure.
Progress and Next Steps
- Didn’t get much done on the acutal coding.
- Talked to a lot of people who were interested in the IMSTK package
Demo version of trainer
Background and References