Back to Projects List
- Rafael Nebot (ITC - Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias)
- Paula Moreno (ITC)
- Juan Ruiz (ULPGC)
- Idafen Santana (ULPGC)
Multiuser approach to Slicer in a browser, based on Slicer Docker
- Browser based 3D Slicer using Slicer Docker, similar to AWS AppStream.
- Per-user workspace, with persistent data and configuration.
- Session control, including quick URL sharing convenience, for educational and collaborative purposes.
- Authentication using OpenLDAP.
- Use private clouds with GPU virtual machines.
- Make the software configuration persistent after deleting the container.
- Migrate from Docker+DockerCompose to Kubernetes+podman.
- Set the size of 3DSlicer web window to fit the size of the user’s screen and other novnc settings.
- USB over IP + OpenIGTLink + Slicer in Docker.
Approach and Plan
- (o.1) GPU in Slicer Image: modify Slicer image to add nVidia drivers.
- (o.1) GPU using separate MONAI Label images: analyze and design how to improve session manager to allow users to launch “pod-sets” (e.g. Slicer+MONAI, Slicer, Slicer+Orthanc, …).
- (o.2) Share current status of the feataure with people knowing about Slicer to fix the issue “saving config in laptop works, in VM it does not”.
- (o.3) Play with “kubernetes” package to familiariaze ourselves with the capabilities.
- (o.3) Rewrite parts of 3d slicer hub accessing to containers to be able to work with “kubernetes” Python package.
- (o.3) Start testing
- (o.4) Gather information with participants knowing about websockify.
- (o.5) Compile information about IGT protocol with participants in NAMIC.
- (o.5) Modify design of 3dslicerhub architecture to enable IGT capabilities for Slicer containers
Progress and Next Steps
- Describe specific steps you have actually done.
Background and References