Back to Projects List
- Francisco J. Marcano Serrano
Integration of a predefined set of sensors in the 3D Slicer platform, via Plus Toolkit and OpenIGTLink, for future use in clinical applications.
Several sensors/cameras operating in different electromagnetic ranges and using different communication standards (USB, CameraLink, GigE, GenICam) will be integrated.
The set of cameras to integrate includes (but not limited to): visible light USB cameras, PCO (ultraviolet, USB, several models), Thermal Expert (infrared, USB/CameraLink, several models), FLIR (infrared, GigE, several models), Specim (hyperspectral, GenICam, several models).
- Adding selected sensors as new devices in PTK.
- Visualization and control of integrated sensors from Slicer.
Approach and Plan
- Integration of at least one USB camera (sensor) as a PTK device.
- Integration of at least one CameraLink sensor as a PTK device.
- Integration of at least one GigE sensor as a PTK device.
- Integration of at least one GenICam sensor as a PTK device.
Progress and Next Steps
- Environment configuration (Win10, Visual Studio 2019, Qt5, installation of PTK (https://plustoolkit.github.io) & cameras drivers + SDK’s ).
- Thermal Expert EV2 infrared camera added, following instructions from PTK site (plustoolkit.github.io/devicecode).
- PCO Ultraviolet camera added, following instructions from PTK site. Code modified to change camera exposure values from config file (XML).
- Simultaneous image acquisition from TE-EV2 & PCO UV tested from Slicer (OpenIGTLink, see figure).
- Next steps: integration of CameraLink, GigE, GenICam cameras; interactive control of camera parameters.
Fig. 1: Integration of Thermal Expert EV2 & PCO Ultraviolet Cameras (OpenIGTLink)
Background and References
- Plus ToolKit. Adding a Device. URL: https://plustoolkit.github.io/devicecode (Last seen: 02/02/2023).