Back to Projects List
Kaapana tutorial for the 38th NA-MIC project week:
- Stefan Denner (German Cancer Research Center, Germany)
- Klaus Kades (German Cancer Research Center, Germany)
- Andrey Fedorov (Brigham and Women’s Hospital, USA)
Creating a cohort or tagging DICOM images can be very time-consuming.
In this project, we are working on solutions to facilitate the process.
- Improving the Gallery view (see video above) in Kaapana in cooperation with other participants
- Interacting native DICOM image support into the annotation tool Doccano
- Discussion: DICOM Dashboard Setup (somewhat) related to this: in IDC we have been using Google DataStudio / Looker, and Apache Superset (to a lesser degree) - can discuss
Approach and Plan
The Gallery View is part of the kaapana open source toolkit and is based on open source tools such as
OpenSearch, dcm4chee, dcmjs and Cornerstone.js.
So far, the Gallery View is a proof of concept for fast viewing and tagging of DICOM Images.
We are actively looking for new use cases, in which the functionality of the Gallery View can be either applied or extended.
Some use-cases we have in mind:
- Proper visualization of thumbnails for segmentation data
- More efficient/faster loading of DICOM Series in the detail view (on the right)
- Adding metadata to the DICOM Image viewer (similar to OHIF Viewer)
- Download of tags as CSV files
If you have any ideas in mind, please feel free to contact us (-> email@example.com).
Progress and Next Steps
Background and References