Back to Projects List
Slicer Training DICOM
- Sonia Pujol, PhD, Director of 3D Slicer Training & Education, BWH
- Steve Pieper, PhD, Isomics Inc
- Ron Kikinis, MD, BWH
DICOM is the international standard for handling, storing, printing and transmitting medical imaging data. Clinical imaging equipment generates DICOM files.
We want to provide the Slicer community with an introduction to the DICOM standard and an overview of the Slicer DICOM module.
This project aims to provide training resources on DICOM & Slicer 5
Approach and Plan
- Introduce the history and purpose of DICOM
- Describe the main characteristics of the DICOM standard
- Provide step-by-step guidance on how to load DICOM data in Slicer 5.0
Progress and Next Steps
Background and References