Back to Projects List
Slicer on Android
- Attila Nagy (University of Szeged)
- Steve Pieper (Isomics)
Investigate the possibilities of portig Slicer to Android, to be used in a Desktop-like Android environment.
- Put together a software environment with all the needed tools for cross-compilation and document it.
- Proof of concept work: compile an example Qt app for ARM64 and install and run it on phone.
- Once there, try to actually compile.
Approach and Plan
- Lots of google-ing, trial and error…
- Install a VM to host the build environment.
- Install and configure all the needed tools, IDEs, etc
- A POC compilation.
Progress and Next Steps
- Did the VM install
- Have all the tools configured properly
- Compilaed a Qt app for ARM64, installed it, and it actually RUNS! :)
Background and References