Back to Projects List
- Ole Vegard Solberg (SINTEF, Trondheim, Norway)
- Janne Beate Bakeng (SINTEF, Trondheim, Norway)
- Kyle Sunderland (Queen’s University, Canada)
- Plus Toolkit provides access to numerous hardware devices (imaging devices, tracking devices, navigations systems, sensors, etc.) and makes it available through OpenIGTLink protocol
- This group has created a common library, OpenIGTLinkIO that simplifies the integration of Plus (and OpenIGTLink-compatible devices or software) into different programs and :
- Ensure software interoperability between Slicer, MITK, CustusX, Ibis Neuronav and potentially other imaging platforms.
- Share software maintenance workload
- Make it easy to share new features
- Add specific features for tracked ultrasound and and augmented reality in surgical navigation
See earlier project weeks for a complete description:
Publish an online standard for sending ultrasound sector information with OpenIGTLink.
Approach and Plan
- This project week we should formalize the “standards” for ultrasound sector information from earlier project weeks. Support for this has been built into PLUS, CustusX and Ibis Neuronav, but a specification should be made and published on OpenIGTLinkIO / IGSIO web page.
- Review and update command specifications
- Review and update ultrasound sector information (IGSIO web page)
Progress and Next Steps
Updated the IGSIO web page with a short description of the current standard for sending ultrasound sector information as meta data in OpenIGTLink image messages, as well as the current format for set/get ultrasound parameter command messages.
Background and References