Travel Guide: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
The city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria has many cool places to discover. In this travel guide, you will find some tips from our team of local organizers. Contact us for more information.
In this map, you will find different layers of information: event venue, restaurants, transport, sport, sights,… Check it out!
Nice spots to go for a walk:
- Vegueta: The old town of Vegueta in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is where all historical and architectural tales begin in the island. As such, it is a bustling district filled with sophisticated Spanish architecture, lively cobblestone streets, and surviving religious traditions.
- From Las Canteras beach to El Confital: Directly from Hotel Cristina (venue for Project Week), you can walk to the north along Las Canteras beach. After reaching the end of the beach, you can continue walking towards El Confital. This route offers great views of the whole city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and great spots to see the sunset.
- Beach volley: Just in front of Hotel Cristina you will find the best spot to play beach volley in the island. Many people gather here everyday to enjoy beach volley. Even if you don’t feel like joining for a game, it is still great to feel the atmosphere. This is the main meeting point for digital nomads living in Gran Canaria.
- Surf: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a great place to practice surf. The south end of Las Canteras beach (La Cicer) is the best spot in the city. Around that area you will find many stores where you can rent a surf board and a wetsuit.
- Fitness: There are several spots to calisthenics around the city. I recommend this spot in the south end of Las Canteras beach.
- Climbing: Indoors climbing gym in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Basketball: Basketball courts near Las Canteras beach.
For additional recommendations, tips or questions about the city/island, please contact David García Mato via email (email@example.com) or in person during the Project Week.
We are planning to create a dedicated Discord channel for travel tips and social activities.