Back to Projects List
NCI Imaging Data Commons
- Andrey Fedorov (BWH)
- Deepa Krishnaswamy (BWH)
- Dennis Bontempi (AIM Lab/HMS/Maastro)
- Cosmin Ciausu (BWH)
- Steve Pieper (Isomics Inc)
- Ron Kikinis (BWH)
NCI Imaging Data Commons (IDC) is a cloud-based repository of publicly available cancer imaging data co-located with the analysis and exploration tools and resources. IDC is a node within the broader NCI Cancer Research Data Commons (CRDC) infrastructure that provides secure access to a large, comprehensive, and expanding collection of cancer research data.
- Introduce IDC to the group, demonstrate main capabilities, and latest developments.
- Support users experiencing issues using IDC or completing tutorials.
- Collect feedback for the future development.
Approach and Plan
- Organize tutorial/breakout session on how to get started with IDC.
Progress and Next Steps
- Tutorial/breakout session took place on Thursday. Document with the agenda and all the materials presented (slides, Colab notebooks) are here: https://bit.ly/3NzJNNM.
- Follow-up troubleshooting session same day, through discussions with Simon Drouin, identified and fixed gaps in the documentation and notebooks
- Through a conversation on IDC discourse that started from a question on PW discord, learned about a new kind of DICOM object that might be suitable for storing cohorts.
IDC Office Hours are open to everyone on Google Meet at https://meet.google.com/xyt-vody-tvb every Tuesday 16:30 – 17:30 (New York) and Wednesday 10:30-11:30 (New York). Please drop by to ask any questions related to IDC and troubleshoot
Background and References