Back to Projects List
Abdomen and male pelvis atlas
- Babacar Diao (Ecole Militaire de Santé Dakar - Senegal)
- Michael Halle (Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
- Nayra Pumar (ULPGC – GTMA-IUIBS - MACbioIDi)
- Juan Ruiz-Alzola (ULPGC - GTMA-IUIBS - MACbioIDi)
This project focuses on the development of an anatomical atlas of the abdomen and male urinary system, along with an improved version of the male pelvic atlas.
- To segment the anatomical models using 3D Slicer (images provided by Dr. Babacar Diao).
- To update the current segmentation of the male pelvic anatomy using 3D Slicer (images provided by Dr. Babacar Diao).
- To export the vtk models obtained from the segmentation into the openanatomy structure using the web atlas editor.
- To export the vtk models obtained from the segmentation to .obj format, and assemble them into an Open Anatomy atlas using the Atlas aSsembly Tool (AST)
Approach and Plan
- Training using the 3D Slicer segment editor
- Image study and selection
- Use the export tools in 3D Slicer
Progress and Next Steps
- Abdomen segmentation has been already completed, covering from pelvis to diaphragm
- Element names have been translated to english, french and spanish. Added the anatomical term ID for each
- In the coming days the atlas, in the three languages, will be uploaded to the server
- VR version is already exported in gltf format
Final version of the segmentation
Language trasnlation and TA termn
Background and References