Back to Projects List
Cardiac device placement/device simulation/deformation
- Sarv Priya (University of Iowa)
- Andras Lasso (Queens University)
- Sam Horvath (Kitware)
- Christian Hertz (Children’s Hospital Philadelphia)
Pre-operative device placement holds a potential to characterize the anatomical relationship of cardiac device (valve/catheter) to the surrounding structures before actual surgery. The deformation and displacement of the device across the cardia cycle can also be assesed pre-operatively.
- Objective A. Creating 3D models of cardiac devices (for example Transcatheter aortic valve/Melody valve/Mitral valve).
- Objective B. Simulation of these models in 4-dimensional cine model of heart
- Objective C. Calculating degree of displacement and deformation of the models across the cardiac cycle
Approach and Plan
- Describe specific steps of what you plan to do to achieve the above described objectives.
Progress and Next Steps
- Describe specific steps you have actually done.
Background and References