Back to Projects List
ROS-MED: Platform for Medical Robotics Research Based on ROS and 3D Slicer
- Junichi Tokuda (Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
We will extend the tutorial on ROS-MED, a platform for medical robotics research based on ROS and 3D Slicer.
Specifically, we will find out a way to import the robot model from CAD software. We will use a needle guide manipulator for MR-guided prostate biopsy (Smart Template) as an example project.
Details of ROS-MED can be found in our recent workshop at International Symposium on Medical Robotics
- Streamline the development of software for image-guided robot-assisted interventions
Approach and Plan
- Convert the CAD files for Smart Template to the ROS model (URDF and XACRO).
- Test controlling and visualizing the robot on 3D Slicer.
Progress and Next Steps
- Describe specific steps you have actually done.
Background and References