Back to Projects List
Raw Image Read and Display
Sometimes unknown file formats are encountered that contain images. There are free tools to handle these (eg. try to guess the bit depth, X and Y resolution, etc) but it is currently not possible from within Slicer.
- Set basic image read parameters (bytes to skip (header), bitness, etc)
- Display the loaded image in 3D view
Approach and Plan
- Add some more functionality.
- Add ideas so they can be implemented later.
All basic image parameters can be set:
- header to skip
- X, Y and Z dimensions
- image bit depth/pixel type
- set automaic thresholding
- automatically update the image in the viewer
- display it in the 3D viewer
- calculate cross-correlation between lines of image to make the guessing easier
This is how the moddule looks as of 2019. 02. 01.
Background and References
[Something along these lines (though the thread is old, the problem surfaced a few times since then)]
- Source code: https://github.com/acetylsalicyl/SlicerRawImageGuess
- Documentation: In progress
- Test data: