Back to Projects List
- Patrick Carnahan (Robarts)
This extension contains a collection of tools for aiding in patient-specific mitral valve modelling. Currently consists of components for registering bi-plane colour ultrasound into 3D, and interactive-automatically segmenting the mitral valve from 3D TEE data.
- Add Segmentation node support for mold generation.
- Integrate custom mold base plate to generated leaflet mold from segmentation.
Approach and Plan
- Replace exporting of molds to Model nodes with exporting to Segmentation nodes
- Fix subtracting projected annulus from leaflet mold
- Align loaded STL base plate model with extracted mold
- Fill empty spaces between extracted mold and loaded base plate
- Working prototype of segmentation and registration modules already developed.
- Completed segmentation node support.
- Added alignment of loaded base plate model.
- Added base plate filling to close bottom of mold.
- Need to make filling around base plate more robust.
- Missing vertical fill when base is placed too low.
- Need to rotate base plate model to match valve annulus normal after alignment with annulus.
Background and References
- Source code: https://github.com/pcarnah/SlicerMitralValve