Edit this page
Back to Projects List
SlicerOpenVR Extension Development
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin (Kitware)
- Beatriz Paniagua, and others (Kitware)
- Mark Asselin (PerkLab)
- Andras Lasso (PerkLab)
- Steve Pieper (Isomics)
- Csaba Pinter (PerkLab)
- Adam Rankin (Robarts)
- Leah Groves (Robarts)
- Publish SlicerOpenVR extension in the extension manager.
- Improve scene manipulation with HTC Vive controller.
- Testing, bugfixes, performance improvements.
Approach and Plan
- Test building and packaging. Fix all the errors.
- Testing Testing Testing
- Have fun in VR!!!
Progress and Next Steps
- SlicerOpenVR extension is functional, source code is available on GitHub (see link below).
- VTKv9 version used in Slicer has been updated, a merge request has been submitted to upstream VTK.
- Agreed on a design to generalize layout manager to support VR “views”.
Background and References