Back to Projects List
Slicer Ecosystems Education for Newcomers & Developing Countries
- Sonia Pujol (BWH/HMS)
- María Dolores Afonso-Suárez (ULPGC - GTMA - MACbioIDi)
- Nayra Pumar-Carreras (ULPGC - GTMA - MACbioIDi)
- Juan Ruiz-Alzola (ULPGC - GTMA - MACbioIDi)
The main objective is the creation of a training plan that could be adapted for 3DSlicer new users with both: medical and engineer profiles. This plan should consider the needs and particular characteristics in the developing countries of Cape Verde, Senegal and Mauritania.
In any case the training material sould be oriented to the creation of digital learning objects.
- Establish a training plan for both profiles: clinicians and engineers of the developing countries.
- Establish a training network of professionals to develop learning objects.
- The creation of a hub where professionals can find learning objects to configure their own courses.
Approach and Plan
- Review and consult about the training material.
- Study and determine how to adapt this material for professionals in the developing countries.
- Plan the development of learning objects according to the agenda of the training guide.
Progress and Next Steps
- Following the approach steps we have drafted two training plans, for clinicians and engineers.
- There will be a first training workshop in March for professionals from Cape Verde, Senegal and Mauritania
- It is planned as the start point of future collaborations with the team of the MACbioIDi project
3D Slicer Training Network.
Background and References