Edit this page
Back to Projects List
Slicer documentation on ReadTheDocs
- Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin (Kitware)
- Andras Lasso (PerkLab)
- Finalize migration of user documentation from the wiki to ReadTheDocs. See https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/pull/686 and http://slicer.readthedocs.io
- Discuss and work on migration of developer documentation.
- Setup api.slicer.org portal providing access to C++ classes documentation (generated using doxygen) and Python classes (generated using sphinx). See See https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Documentation/Labs/DocumentationImprovments#Documenting_Slicer_APIs
- Update Rons Rules For Tools to include testing and documentation.
Approach and Plan
- Review, discuss and implement proposed objectives
Progress and Next Steps
- Discuss with Andras and agreed on:
- migrating user documentation to readthedocs under a single directory
- creating api.slicer.org with two set of pages: C++ and Python
- using sphinx-api to automatically document wrapped classes
- Talked about associating Slicer extension with a
3d-slicer-extension GitHub topic.
- Sent an email to Ron for updating the Rons Rules For Tools.
- Associating Slicer extension with a
Background and References
- Source code: https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/pull/686