Back to Projects List
Medical Infrared Imaging with Slicer
- Jorge Quintero-Nehrkorn (IACTEC - MACbioIDi)
- Jose Carlos Ruiz-Luque (ULPGC - GTMA - MACbioIDi)
- Yolanda Martin-Hernando (IACTEC - MACbioIDi)
- Juan Ruiz-Alzola (ULPGC - GTMA - MACbioIDi)
- Andras Lasso (PerkLab, Queen’s University)
This project is a research collaboration between the public research institute IACTEC and the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canarias(ULPGC) in order to use InfraRed (IR) sensors and advanced image processing techniques in 3D Slicer for medical diagnosis, mainly for foot ulcers detection in diabetic patients. Different infrared cameras shall be connected to 3D Slicer using the PLUS toolkit and a new medical thermal infrared extension shall be developed.
- Integrate new IR cameras through the PLUS toolkit.
- Implement a new extension for medical thermal infrared images.
- Develop and test a new module for foot ulcer detection based on thermal infrared images.
- Performance & improvements.
Approach and Plan
- Create a new Slicer module for processing thermal infrared images.
- Review segmentation, registration and other image processing techniques for foot ulcer detection with infrared images.
- Assessment of live video streaming using ffmpeg.
Progress and Next Steps
We have finished the integration of the Thermal Seek Pro camera in Plus Toolkit.
We have continued the development of the thermal infrared images module.
The next objetives are :
- To finish the images registration.
- To integrate new infrared cameras, like Thermal Expert Q1 camera.
- To add some different segmentation methods in order to perform a comparison.
Background and References