Back to Projects List
Slicer Extensions with CUDA
- Greg Sharp (MGH)
- Adam Rankin (Robarts)
- JC Fillion-Robin (Kitware, Inc.)
Provide an easy path for distributing extensions that use CUDA.
- What work needs done to get CUDA installed on build machine?
- How can we test the resulting packages?
Approach and Plan
- Create sample CUDA extension
- Create simple CUDA extension “Slicer CUDA Probe”
- Perform manual build, upload, and test
- Set up VM that matches factory, but with CUDA installed
- Create VM, install dev tools to match factory
- Set up factory build of slicer
- Create extension index
- Set up dashboard-driven compile
- Do I need a separate extension server?
- How do CUDA extensions get displayed in extension manager?
- Options for distrubution
- Option A - End user must install CUDA SDK of same version
- Option B - Extension must statically link CUDA libraries
- Option C - Extension bundles shared libraries
- Engineering plan created
- Sample extension created
- Manual upload of extension